September 26, 2007

Turkey for me and a turkey for you


L.A. can have its freeway-side houses. Me? I'll take a flock of wild turkeys crossing about 15 feet in front of me.

Taken along Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park a couple weeks ago. Was too slow on the draw to get the baby bear we saw darting into the woods, and was afraid I'd scare the deer off if I rolled down the window. Suffice to say, not something I saw much of in my old place.

So yeah, we've been busy. Lisa has been hip-deep in promoting civilized debate in society, and I, well, I watch a lot of television. And yet we've still managed to go on drives like this one, and last weekend -- oh, it's a country life we live -- apple-picking. For reals. (Oh, and more wine-tasting. We have like 23 bottles on the rack now.) (And also, we saw Lucinda Williams at the Charlottesville Pavilion last night. She puts on a really fine show.) So I guess things aren't so tough after all.

We have, at least, been taking pictures of some of our little adventures. You can see the latest bunch over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am elated (George Steinbrenner used that word to describe his feelings when the Yankees made the playoffs and I liked it) to get the latest haps on my favorite couple. Blog again soon. You were missed.

keith