August 11, 2008

20,000 words


For most of July, I was stuck inside the walls of the Beverly Hilton, trying to interview actors and writers and network executives about TV shows I haven't seen yet. It's my job, and I enjoy it. But two weeks in any hotel, even a really nice one, is quite enough.

Fortunately, my soon-to-be wife joined me for the tail end of the press tour, and we got out into the fresh air for a few days after it ended. We drank a lot of good wine, saw a bunch of good friends (and a couple of adorable new additions to that crowd) and had ourselves a general grand old relaxing time.

Here's some photographic proof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After a long, arid month and nine days of mourning, a nation rejoices. Rating recent cultural events should go in this order:

1. The return of "Shacked Up."
2. George Bush playing beach volleyball, Presidentially, of course.
3. The return of "Shacked Up."

I love how all of your "two shots" are self portraits. Can you ask somebody?

keith

Rick said...

The self-portraits were done so consciously. Though come to think of it, there weren't too many other people around when we took them.