November 17, 2008

An Amazing Day


As a rule, I think the word "amazing" is overused. "The risotto was amazing." "That America's Next Top Model contestant had an amazing photo shoot." "Did you see that amazing camera sequence in Quantum of Solace." (That last one actually is probably true.)

But Saturday really WAS amazing. We really could not have been more thrilled to see so many people who are so dear to us. And to stand in front of all of them in such a beautiful place and marry Rick was absolutely the most incredible thing I've ever experienced.

After days of looking at increasingly ominous forecasts, we ended up with a gorgeous, blustery, partly cloudy, 70-degree day -- perfect. Our fabulous caterer agreed to create chicken and waffle canapes for us. The flowers were gorgeous. We managed not to screw up the first dance, even if we didn't exactly reinact a scene from Strictly Ballroom. Our families got along wonderfully. We were so blessed that our wonderful friends came from far and wide to share the day with us.

All of those things added together made me convinced that somebody somewhere is looking out for us. A good omen if I've ever seen one -- and something for which I am eternally grateful.

Even funnier: Photos of the day started showing up on Facebook even before the next morning -- and I have stolen liberally from everyone else's photo albums. Our photographers totally rocked -- Billy and Jeremy helped make the day, and we can't wait to see the pics. For now, here's the preview.


Thanks, everyone -- we hope you had a great day. It was without question the best one of our lives.


Coming soon: pics and many red wine stories from Argentina!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing may actually be an understatement. It truly was a special day/weekend and I was delighted to be a part of it.

keith

PS: Have a great honeymoon!!!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and I had an amazing time at your wedding. Really, it was great. You all are wonderful, the weather was great, the location was beautiful, you are both good looking, and you had a candy buffet. I mean, seriously, a candy buffet. That's hot.

Anonymous said...

Your wedding sounded amazing! I am now doing my own wedding planning, and I just want to know if you have any advice for getting married at Maymont? I believe that is where my fiancée and I will be getting married as well. Beautiful pictures also!