December 20, 2007

Flour power


We've been taking in the usual assortment of Christmas goodies the past couple weeks -- a shipment of candy from Lisa's mom in Milwaukee (including the mysterious substance known as fairy food) here, a loaf of bread from my sister-in-law there.

We also have a couple dozen of our own cookies still lying around. But we -- and by "we" I mean mostly Lisa -- have been keeping up our end of the supply chain up as well. I spent much of last weekend in awe of the sheer number of cookies that came out of our kitchen -- enough baked goods to make Mrs. Field go, "Damn, that's a lot of cookies."

After the jump, a rundown.

These numbers are approximate, but suffice to say that we completely covered the dining room table with plates and boxes of cookies and nuts. To wit:

7 dozen chocolate mint cookies

7 dozen pepperming sugar cookies

6 dozen oatmeal-white chocolate-cranberry

6 dozen oatmeal-pistachio-cranberry-apricot

5 (or maybe 6) dozen peanut butter Kiss cookies

4 pounds or so Union Square spiced nuts

And, oh yeah, 3 pounds or so of sugared pecans.

I really wish I'd taken a picture of the dining room table. Bad blogger. But to those of you who got them, hope you like them. I think they're pretty darn good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got me beat. All I made was 5 golden rings, 3 french hens and a partridge in a pear tree.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.


Keith