December 5, 2007

This is what snow looks like


The other day at Target, I bought a snow scraper/brush combo for my car. Good timing -- see above.

OK, so I'm stretching a little there. The snow that fell on my car this morning was gone by midafternoon, and the snow that fell on it tonight will be gone too -- hell, it's gonna be 60 by Saturday.

But damn if I wasn't happy to see the first snow of the season -- and my first personal snow since, oh, 1997.

Before today, it had been a little more than a decade since there had been a chance of snow falling in the place where I lived. I could see it on the mountains around Los Angeles some winters there, but it was three cross-country moves ago that I last had to have a scraper in my trunk.

So this morning I went out and took pictures of it snowing, and I caught a couple of flakes on my tongue and I generally behaved like a little kid. I'll probably re-acquire my distaste for snow over the next few months, but for now it's very exciting. Can't wait to fire my first snowball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better get your fill in. Al Gore says you may have like two more years of snow...but the ashy flakes of skin flying of the burning people may look more snow-like than the painted snowflakes and mashed potato flakes they used on "The Brady Bunch."

Keith

Anonymous said...

meant painted corn flakes, ooooops.

keith